Wedding packages include
- A beautiful, personalised ceremony designed to celebrate the love you have for each other.
- Initial obligation free meeting to get to know each other and discuss your vision for your ceremony.
- Second Interview for further discussion of ceremony & completion of paper work.
- Unlimited email & phone communication.
- Access to all of my resources (readings, poems etc).
- The conduction of the wedding ceremony.
- Completion & lodgement of all legal documents & forms.
- A Change of Name Kit (for Australian residents) if the Bride is taking the Groom’s surname.
- A professional quality PA system with MP3 player (CD and USB) and iPhone connectivity.
- I will dress appropriately to ensure that I compliment the bridal party and reflect your dress code.
Before your wedding
Once you have paid the deposit and your date has been secured we then work together to create a ceremony that is perfectly YOU.
My main aim as your celebrant is for you to feel that I am “with you” every step of the way in the planning process. It may take multiple calls, texts & emails, but together we will create the perfect ceremony (and I won’t stop re writing until I know you are 100% happy!) I will be able to offer samples of readings/poems that will suit your style of wedding & reflect you as a couple. Of course there is some legal bits and pieces that need to be taken care of before the ceremony (which are outlined below) and I will take care of that side of things for you. A rehearsal is always a good idea, just so the day runs without a hitch!
The day of the wedding
I will arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony to set up, sound check & make sure all is where is should be! I will also have a chat with the photographer, videographer, musicians and any others who may be involved with the ceremony! Just to ensure we are all organised and on the same page for the running of the ceremony. I'll welcome guests as they arrive and ensure they are all settled and in their place for the bride's arrival. Also making sure the groom & his groomsmen are organised too!
Most importantly I will deliver the ceremony the way we have discussed and planned!
After your wedding
After the big day I will make sure all the legal paperwork is sent off to Births, Deaths & Marriages for your marriage certificate to be prepared!
Legal Stuff - boring BUT important
Of course there are some legal things that we will need to tick off to make sure all is above board! Below is a list of documents that we will need to work through. I will have all the relevant copies & will take care of all of this for you. You will just need to supply me with some documentation as listed below…
1. NOIM – NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE
This is the first of the legal documents we will fill in. This needs to be done no earlier than 18 months or no later than one calendar month prior to the date of your ceremony. This form is sent to Births, Deaths & Marriages (BDM) after your ceremony! To complete this accurately you will need to provide your birth certificate or passport. If you don’t have access to ID stating your name and place of birth, let me know and we can discuss this further.
- If you were born outside of Australia then your overseas passport is required. If this is not available you may provide your birth certificate.
- If you were previously married the original copy of your divorce certificate is required.
- In the circumstances of death the original death certificate of your partner is required.
- As well as the above documents another form of I.D such as a drivers licence or proof of age card must be sighted too!
This form is filled out as close to the day of your ceremony as possible but not on the actual day, usually the rehearsal is a great time! It is a declaration of who you are and your legal eligibility to wed. This too will be submitted to BDM after your ceremony!
3. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
There are two Marriage Certificates that are signed as part of your ceremony. One is sent to BDM along with the declaration to register your marriage as legally binding. The second is kept by me for my records. These will both be signed by you the couple, your two witnesses & myself.
4. DECORATIVE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
This is the final Marriage Certificate that is given to you on the day of your ceremony. This is for you to keep as a commemoration of the day. It is signed by all those mentioned above but is not considered a legal document. An official (registered) Marriage Certificate must be applied for through Births, Deaths and Marriages after the marriage has been registered (by yourselves the couple.) I will be on hand to point you in the right direction if you need for this also.